“Architecture has always offered a close parallel to the dance: to me choreography is a form of architecture. Great dance-Les Sylphides, Primitive Mysteries, Passacaglia-are monumental pieces of architecture. They are miracles of planning, construction, and beauty.”
For Licensing contact Yasuko Tokunaga at +1 212-777-3353 x15 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want a Limón teacher in your Company, College or School please contact
Becky Brown at +1 212-777-3353 x18 or email@example.com
Limón’s ballets resonate with the human experience – from dramatic narratives, to joyous celebrations, to lyrical suites. These dances are a proven success for audiences young and old worldwide and are an inspiring and rewarding artistic challenge for company members.
The company will be provided with a production packet including:
- Rehearsal audio CD (you will be responsible for making licensing arrangements for the music, if required)
- Program notes
- Information on original costume, sets and lighting designs
The length and time required to stage a dance varies with the work chosen and the company acquiring it.
- A typical staging is accomplished within a 4-5 week intensive residency.
- If there is a gap between the initial staging and the performances, the reconstructor will return for the final tech rehearsals before the performance.
- Whenever possible, the reconstructor will teach Limón technique in conjunction with the staging. This will greatly improve the dancers’ artistic performance and understanding of the work.
The reconstructor is provided through the Foundation and will have full artistic control over the production and supervision of all aspects of the setting of the work.
The company will be responsible for travel, housing, and per diem.
The licensing fee varies with the work and will cover a period of three(3) years:
- Performances for the first year are included in the license.
- Performances within the next two (2) years require a royalty payment.
At the conclusion of the licensing period, we request a video of your performances, a copy of the program and any press/reviews that apply to the work.
A list of available dances and short video excerpts can be found here. Most of the works have short video excerpts that can give you a glimpse into each work. It is amazing to see how broad and diverse the scope of this great artist is.
If you are interested in acquiring a piece, please contact our Licensing Director, Yasuko Tokunaga.